Profile

// In Process.

Slogan

A group of young people, having a vision of destiny.
Remember to tag!

Now Playing



Schedule

Christmas @ CHANG'S
EXPO Hall 8
Dec 22-25,2007
Sat 5pm
Sun 10pm
Mon 7.45pm
Tue 9.30pm & 12pm

Tag Me!




Links

  • N20
  • Jo
  • Weifang


  • Archives

    Credits

    Skin edited by
  • Jiemin
  • .

    All the pics collected from
  • DeviantArt
  • .

    Edited by
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • .

    Victory Over The Flesh / Friday, September 21, 2007


    Victory Over The Flesh


    O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
    I thank God - through Jesus Christ our Lord! ...
    Romans 7:24-25
    Paul didn't want to leave us with the impression that God's laws are bad (Rom. 7:13). God's laws are meant to lead us into a meaningful life in close fellowship with Him. The real problem is our inability to live up to the standards God has set. By nature, we are flawed in inclined toward sin. We don't set out to become enslaved to sin, but if we follow the dictates of our sinful nature, that is what would eventually happen. But we can be thankful that God has made a provision for our weaknesses, solving the sin problem through the finished work of Jesus Christ. Now, if we surrender our lives to God, we can experience His transforming power. He will provide us with the help we need to break free from slavery to our old nature and be ruled by the Holy Spirit.
    Paul then described a struggle all of us can identify with. He was most revealing when he said, "I am carnal, sold under sin" (7:14). The great apostle still carnal? Yes, as long as he was alive, he had to contend with his fleshly nature.
    Paul said, "For I know that in me (that is , in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good i do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me" (7:18-20). Again, Paul was using the present tense to describe his assessment of his own carnal self. He recognized the power of sin in his life and admitted how helpless he was against it.
    We all long to do what is good, healthy and right, but we constantly end up committing the same old sins. As we honestly reflect on our lives, we admit our failures and seek to change, but we still may fall back into our old habits again. However, we must not allow this struggle to discourage us. We need to continue to confess our sins to God, even if we have confessed the same sin numerous times. God promises to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). We'll never become so spiritual that we can stop confessing our sins.
    In fact, when we admit that we don't have the power to overcome the sins that entangle us, only then will we be ready to accept the help that God offers. And only with God's power will we be able to overcome the temptations we face.
    Quoted from Daily Devotion by Ruth



    I painted my dreams at 8:45 PM